Scott's Practice AreasProfile
Scott W. Iseman is an associate in our Litigation department and focuses his practice on Criminal Defense and Civil Litigation. He joined O’Connell and Aronowitz after finishing his career as a United States Marine Corps Judge Advocate where he served as a military and federal prosecutor. As the Senior Trial Counsel, he oversaw all military justice matters and prosecutions at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, North Carolina, prosecuting numerous cases at general and special courts-martial. Scott also served as a Special Assistant U.S. Attorney where he prosecuted federal crimes in the Eastern District of North Carolina. Scott has extensive experience prosecuting and defending criminal matters including DWI, larcenies, drug offenses, sexual assaults, conspiracy based crimes and white collar frauds. Scott is also actively engaged in defending college students during college disciplinary proceedings.
Scott was named to the 2016 Upstate New York Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers, which acknowledges attorneys under 40 years old and in practice 10 years or less. In law school at University at Buffalo, Scott served as Managing Editor of the Buffalo Law Review and interned at United States Attorney’s Office, Northern District of New York. He was winner of the Desmond Moot Court competition, the Judge Matthew J. Jasen Appellate Practice Award and the James M. Keiffer Trial Excellence Award.
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- New York State
- Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
Memberships / Professional Associations
- American Association for Justice
- Saratoga County Bar Association
- National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates
- Albany County Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Rising Star Upstate New York Super Lawyers 2015-2017
- Judge Matthew J. Jasen Appellate Practice Award
- James M. Keiffer Trial Excellence Award