Peter is a partner in our Business Law department, concentrating on corporate bankruptcy cases, commercial law and banking law. With over 40 years of experience representing banks and secured lenders, Peter regularly appears in bankruptcy court for the Northern District of New York. In addition to his creditors’ rights practice, he has represented several Chapter 11 debtors and has successfully confirmed a number of Chapter 11 reorganization cases. Peter’s clients include banks, leasing companies, local businesses and individual entrepreneurs.
Peter is admitted in all four Federal District Courts in New York State as well as the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. He has extensive litigation experience in New York State. Peter has regularly been named to the Upstate New York Super Lawyers list, a distinction earned by less that 5% of attorneys in the state. He is a graduate of Stanford University, Phi Beta Kappa and Albany Law School.
- BA, Stanford University, Phi Beta Kappa, 1977
- JD, Albany Law School of Union University, 1980
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of New York
- Supreme Court and Appellate Division, 3rd Department
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- New York, Second Department
- New York
- Founding Member, Capital Region Bankruptcy Bar Association, 1992 - present
- Member, New York State Bar Association, 1981 - present