Every commercial lease brings with it a range of legal issues and requirements that must be addressed in the lease agreement. An inadequate lease can lead to future disputes and unnecessary litigation. Due to this, O’Connell & Aronowitz diligently works to help clients reach the best commercial lease agreement for their needs, and one that minimizes the risk and costs of future conflict or unnecessary litigation.
In our commercial real estate leasing practice, our clients include developers, investors, owners, lenders, shopping centers, financial institutions, retailers, warehouse operators, not-for-profit organizations, commercial landlords and tenants, and property managers. The litigation attorneys on our team have decades of experience in complex commercial real estate lease dispute resolution proceedings.
We regularly represent clients in all types of commercial leasing transactions, including:
- Commercial evictions through summary proceedings
- Commercial real estate leasing transactions
- Breach of contract claims
- Breach of warranty of habitability disputes
- Enforcing rental agreements
- Extension, modification, and disposition of commercial leases
- Ground lease and large-scale retail lease transactions
- Holdover and nonpayment proceedings
- Landlord rights
- Leasing disputes, including disputes involving commercial leases and breaking commercial leases
- Office lease, ground lease and large-scale retail lease transactions, as well as triple-net, sale-leaseback, operating lease, master lease, sublease and other structured leasing transactions
- Related Financings
- Rent overcharge, nonpayment disputes, and commercial evictions for not paying rent
Having experience representing both commercial landlords and tenants is to our advantage. Through analysis of the facts and application of the law, we can anticipate how either party may argue their case and craft our legal strategy around these informed assumptions. This process gives us room to be more creative and tactical with our negotiations, and, if required, trial preparations.
Locations We Serve
Our Business Law attorneys work throughout New York State to provide a wide range of legal services to businesses. With offices in Albany, NY and Saratoga Springs, NY, our location allows our attorneys easy access to all areas of the state.
From Albany, NY to Buffalo, NY to New York City, our lawyers will help you achieve your business goals.
To learn more about our legal services in your area, visit our location page.