The Commercial & Corporate Transactions practice of O’Connell and Aronowitz provides counsel and advice to individuals, businesses, and not-for-profits agencies, encompassing the entire business life-cycle, from business formation and day-to-day operations, to mergers, acquisitions, sales and divestitures. Our goal is to provide appropriate and timely advice which in turn allows our clients to plan and achieve long-term growth. Our attorneys work closely with our clients to provide counsel in the following areas:
- Business Start-up and Ownership. We advise on the formation of new business enterprises and the tax implications associated with choice of business entity in order to form an entity best suited for your business, whether it is a corporation, limited liability company, partnership or not-for-profit. We counsel clients on the particulars of operating agreements, joint ventures, shareholder and partnership agreements, buy-sell arrangements, and ensure that corporate governance and compliance issues are continually addressed.
- Mergers and Acquisitions. Our attorneys are experienced in transactional matters to include mergers, acquisitions, the sale of businesses or business assets, divestitures and reorganizations. We work closely with our clients and outside advisors to evaluate proposals, draft letters of intent, and address regulatory requirements.
- Taxation. Our attorneys have strong financial and accounting backgrounds which enable them to structure business transactions while providing effective and practical tax planning. We also provide Federal, State and local tax planning, and advise on the tax impact of shareholder agreements, employee benefit plans, securities law requirements, and bank financing.
- Employer-Employee Relations. Working with our clients, we are able to address the particulars of compensation agreements, employment and consulting agreements, executive employment packages, officer and director responsibilities, and termination agreements.
- Real Estate. The commercial real estate field has many complex legal and business issues. Our attorneys provide assistance in many areas, including: commercial leasing, real estate development and condominium formation; commercial finance, commercial real estate litigation, environmental audits, regulatory compliance, and construction law matters.
Locations We Serve
Our Business Law attorneys work throughout New York State to provide a wide range of legal services to businesses. With offices in Albany, NY and Saratoga Springs, NY, our location allows our attorneys easy access to all areas of the state.
Whether you are working on a new business start up in Albany, NY, need help with a commercial real estate transaction in New York City or require legal assistance with a business dispute in Buffalo, NY , our lawyers will help you achieve your business goals.
To learn more about our legal services in your area, visit our location page.
Related Practice Areas
Corporate filings and lease negotiations with Bob Koshgarian and his professional team was first class. Bob was timely in all matters which enabled deals to get done quickly.
Joe M. Google Review
O’Connell and Aronowitz guided me through all legal aspects of organizing a PLLC and navigating complicated health care and HIPAA laws. I thank them for their guidance and interest in seeing me succeed.
Kelly H. Facebook Review
O’Connell & Aronowitz has the absolute best team in the Capital Region and beyond.They make the process seamless. They are the best legal help, hands down.