Serving our Community Since 1925.
O’Connell and Aronowitz is one of the area’s oldest law firms, having first opened its doors with two attorneys in 1925. Since that time, the firm has grown to 30 attorneys and is one of the Capital Region’s largest broad service firms with offices in Albany and Saratoga Springs.
Our attorneys provide representation and services in a broad range of disciplines and practice areas.
Unique to the area, O’Connell and Aronowitz offer clients the resources of a big-city firm, with the comfort and familiarity of a neighborhood lawyer.
Our firm has the largest Lead Poisoning & Toxic Exposure department in upstate New York. Our Lead team has obtained some of the largest verdicts and settlements in lead poisoning cases in upstate New York including several multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements.
We have been at the forefront of precedent-setting federal and state litigation including successful representation of the hospital industry in two appeals before the United States Supreme Court.
Our Plaintiff’s Negligence Group has obtained verdicts of over $1 million in ten notable cases and numerous settlements in excess of one million dollars.
Our Results Speak for Themselves
- Our Criminal Defense team earned a blockbuster victory by the jury verdict in the Federal prosecution of a White Collar gambling case.
- Our Health Law practice won an $18 million verdict against the New York State Department of Health for clinical laboratory clients.
- Our Personal Injury Litigation Group was named to the first-ever Medical Malpractice Verdict Hall of Fame awarded by the New York Law Journal, for a $43.5 Million verdict for injuries sustained at childbirth.
- Our Personal Injury Litigation team won a $15.4 million jury verdict in Federal Court for the plaintiff in a sexual harassment trial.
- We have successfully represented the hospital industry in two appeals before the United States Supreme Court and have been at the forefront of precedent-setting litigation at both the State and Federal levels.
- Our Plaintiff’s Negligence Group has obtained verdicts of over $1 million dollars in ten notable cases, and numerous settlements in excess of one million dollars.
- We have been recognized by the Business Review and the Times Union as a Top Workplace.