Florence M. Richardson, who joined O’Connell and Aronowitz in January 2018, is Of Counsel with our firm and has dedicated herself entirely to the field of matrimonial law since she was admitted to practice in 1984. She focuses her practice on divorce, custody, prenuptial agreements, separation agreements, child support, spousal support and equitable distribution. Before joining O’Connell and Aronowitz she was principal at Kahn and Richardson, an Albany law firm that focused exclusively on Family & Matrimonial law.
From her decades of experience guiding and advising clients, Flo is well aware of the physical, emotional and financial burdens imposed by contested legal proceedings. She understands how matrimonial litigation can bring about many emotional, property, custodial, financial and legal changes that are temporarily disruptive and that the right attorney can prevent these temporary disruptions from becoming permanently disastrous.
Flo is a member of the New York State Matrimonial Practice Advisory and Rules Committee, the American and New York State Bar Associations (Family Law Sections), the Albany and Schenectady County Bar Associations, the Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York (Capital District Chapter) and the Capital District Trial Lawyers Association. She has been a volunteer for the Albany Law School Pro Bono Law Clinic for Veterans since 2012 and has lectured on a variety of legal topics to Bar Associations and other organizations and to members of the public.
Named to the 2019 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list, marking her fifth consecutive year, Flo joins the fewer than 5% of attorneys across New York state who earn this prestigious designation.
- JD, Albany Law School of Union University
- BA, State University of New York at Plattsburgh
- Member, New York State Matrimonial Practice Advisory and Rules Committee, 2015-Present
- American Bar Association - Family Law Section
- New York State Bar Association - Family Law Section
- Women's Bar Association of the State of New York - Capital Region Chapter
- Capital District Trial Lawyers Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Schenectady County Bar Association
- AV Preeminent Rating: Family Law and General Practice, Martindale-Hubbell
- Upstate New York SuperLawyers, 2015-2017