Michael is Of Counsel with the Firm, working among both our Business Services and Health Law practice groups. He has experience in litigation matters, including securities fraud, civil rights, antitrust, and general commercial litigation. A former software engineer, Mike also brings to the firm a unique background in engineering and technology.
Before joining O’Connell and Aronowitz, he was Senior Associate and Deputy General Counsel at an NYC-based firm representing class and collective action plaintiffs in various federal courts in areas including labor law, employment law, and product liability, while also managing litigation and arbitration on behalf of the firm. Mike has held associate positions at several Capital District law firms and was law clerk for Judge I. Leo Glasser in the United States District Court, Eastern District of New York. He also spent a summer during law school working on public interest litigation with the Institute for Justice in Arlington, VA.
Mike earned his J.D. cum laude from Harvard Law School where he was a Senior Editor on the Journal of Law and Public Policy and an Article Submissions Committee Member for the Journal of Law and Technology. He earned his Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Before entering law school, he was a software engineer. Michael is a member of the New York State Bar Association and is a Trustee of the Guilderland Public Library.
- Harvard Law School, cum laude
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- An Introduction to Litigation for Engineers
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second District
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- New York
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Albany County Bar Association