O & A Law Weapons Possession Defense Services
Weapons charges are serious crimes that often include complicated legal issues surrounding search and seizure, arrest and search warrants and the interplay between local, state and federal gun laws. We know how to challenge weapons charges based on the facts and the laws that apply to your case.
We represent people charged with gun and weapons offenses including:
- Possessing a firearm (concealed, loaded or otherwise with no permit)
- Possession of a firearm by an ex-felon (concealed, loaded or otherwise with no permit)
- Possessing an assault weapon
- Possessing an weapon (illegal weapons include knives, brass knuckles, nunchucks and other martial arts weapons)
- Brandishing a firearm (displaying or waving around a firearm)
- Discharging a firearm
- Selling a firearm (unlawful sale)
- Using a gun in committing a crime (assault, robbery, drug offenses)
It is important to know, that under the law, weapons are not just guns. A deadly weapon is defined very broadly and includes weapons listed above plus many more items that can be used to inflict bodily harm, such as box cutters, keys, and even your own car. We know these legal intricacies, how to fight them and how to defend you against the allegations.