Thomas's Practice Areas
- Accidents & Personal Injuries
- Employment Injuries
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Product Liability
Tom is a senior partner in our Litigation department, and practices almost exclusively in the area of personal injury litigation. He has represented those who have sustained serious injuries as a result of accidents, product liability and professional malpractice in both State and Federal Courts. He has secured several multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements throughout New York and neighboring states. He is involved in the representation of clients at examinations before trial, various court proceedings and as trial counsel. He is known for his thoroughness and attention to detail, particularly in handling complex product liability and professional negligence matters.
Tom has lectured at seminars sponsored by the New York State Bar Association on various topics regarding personal injury litigation, and has also lectured to the National Academy of Forensic Engineers on topics including the use of forensic animation and expert witness testimony. He has co-authored articles on forensic animation for the Journal of the National Academy of Forensic Engineers.
Tom has been consecutively awarded an “AV-Preeminent” rating by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards. He is a regular guest commentator on local radio shows, including TALK 1300 AM. As a Certified New York State Emergency Medical Technician, Tom is personally committed to supporting Emergency Service Providers in our local community. He acts as general counsel to several local emergency response organizations and has also provided continuing education programs to a number of EMS organizations and fire departments.
Very active in the community, Tom has served for many years on the Board and then Executive Board for local little league organizations. He serves as a member of the Board of Trustees at Christian Brothers Academy, and an all-boys LaSallian Jr/Sr high school. His community service activities also included volunteering to present safety programs to local high school students as part of a national End Districted Driving campaign.
- Albany Law School
- Siena College
- New York State
Memberships / Professional Associations
- American Association for Justice Leader’s Forum
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- New York State Police Investigator’s Association – Corresponding Member
- Capital District Trial Lawyers Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Christian Brothers Academy – Board of Trustees
- “Voir Dire and Jury Selection,” National Business Institute2015.
- “Social Media Use and Other Complex Jury Issues,” National Business Institute2015.
- “Applying the Rules of Evidence: Expert Reports and Scientific Evidence,” National Business Institute2014.
- “Applying the Rules of Evidence: Expert Witness Preparation,” National Business Institute2014.
- “Litigating the Products Liability Case,” New York State Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education2013.
- “Premise Liability,” New York State Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education2013.
- Hudson Valley Community College Critical Care Emergency Medical Transport Program: “Medical Legal Issues for Advanced Life Support”2013
- Continuing Education: “Legal Issues Encountered by EMS”2013
- In-Service Training: “Legal Issues Encountered by EMS Providers”2013
- Journal of the National Academy of Forensic Engineers, “Forensic Animation.”2009