Meredith's Practice AreasProfile
Meredith is Of Counsel to the firm in our Albany office, and she concentrates her law practice in the area of labor and employment law and litigation. She has represented employers and has handled employment matters before, state and federal courts, the National Labor Relations Board, including collective bargaining negotiations, unionization campaigns, and unfair labor practices. She has also represented employers before the New York State Public Employment Relations Board, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, New York State Department of Labor, and the New York State Division of Human Rights. Meredith regularly provides consultation, advice and anti-harassment and supervisor training services to employers regarding ongoing issue in the workplace, wages, discrimination, reasonable accommodation issues, Family Medical and other types of leave, safety, compensation, and drafts policies and employment manuals.
Before joining O’Connell and Aronowitz, Meredith was a principle in the law firm of Hite, Savitt, O’Donnell & Beaumont, P.C. and served for several years as an Assistant Attorney General. Prior to that she practiced law in New York City with the law firm of Milgrim, Thomajan & Lee, where she represented Fortune 500 corporations, as well as small businesses. Meredith has lectured extensively on equal employment laws, and she co-authored the chapter on class actions in Moore’s Federal Practice 3d.
Meredith has consistently been named to the Upstate New York Super Lawyers list, a distinction earned by less than 5% of the attorneys in the state. She is a founding member of the Capital District Women’s Bar Association’s Legal Project, a not-for-profit foundation, where she served as President for two years and served on the Board of Trustees and also serves on the Board of Family and Children’s Service of the Capital Region, Inc. She has been awarded the President’s Pro Bono Award by the New York State Bar Association and the Pro Bono Award of the Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York.
- Boston University School of Law
- Barnard College of Columbia University, magna cum laude and with thesis honors
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- New York State
- Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Albany County Bar Association
- Capital District Women’s Bar Association