Mary's Practice AreasProfile
Mary is an associate in our Health Law department. Prior to joining O’Connell and Aronowitz she was an associate attorney at an Albany-area litigation firm. While in law school, Mary worked on various transactional matters as a law clerk for an international merchandise company, served as an intern with the Trial Division of the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office and the Civil Division of the United States Attorneys’ Office. Mary also worked as a Summer Fellow for a legal aid organization representing low-income residents of the Greater Boston area in social security benefits hearings and family law matters. She also served as an Associate and Senior Literary Editor for the New England Journal on Criminal and Civil Confinement, and was a CALI Award recipient in Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Proficient in Spanish.
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York State
Memberships / Professional Associations
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- CALI Award, Alternative Dispute ResolutionFall 2013
- Recipient of Communication Studies Medal (awarded to top Communication graduate)
- Top Undergraduate Research Thesis Award, New York State Communication AssociationOctober 2009: Topic: “The Effects of Broadcast News Media on Political Perception in Spain”
- Phi Beta Kappa, Manhattan CollegeApril 2008
- Sigma Delta Pi (Spanish Language Honors Society), Manhattan College
- Lambda Pi Eta (Communication Studies Honor Society), Manhattan College
- Epsilon Sigma Pi (Manhattan College Honor Society)