Kellan's Practice AreasProfile
Kellan is an associate in our Albany office where he works in our Criminal Defense department on state and federal criminal matters in addition to white collar defense related to Medicaid and Medicare. Prior to joining O’Connell and Aronowitz in fall 2016, Kellan was legal intern at Schenectady Public Defender’s office where he performed all aspects of criminal defense from conferencing with prosecutors office through conducting bench trials. He also interned with Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs in the Criminal Background Check Unit in the Office of General Counsel, the Federal Defense Services of Eastern Tennessee, the United States Sentencing Commission and the U.S. Department of Justice. Kellan further served as Law Clerk in the Ulster County District Attorney’s Office.
He is cum laude graduate of Albany Law School and earned his Bachelor’s degree at University at Binghamton where he graduated summa cum laude.
- Albany Law School
- University at Binghamton
- New York
- Second District Court of Appeals
Memberships / Professional Associations
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Albany County Bar Association
- Ulster County Bar Association
- Order of the Barristers
- The Justinian Society
- National Champion, ABA National Client Counseling Competition 2016.
- USA Representative, International Competition, Ranked 3rd in the world.
- Champion, Donna Jo Morse Client Counseling Competition, Fall 2015
- Champion, ABA National Client Counseling Competition, Spring 2016
- Northeast Regional Champion, Albany Law Negotiation Team, Ranked 6th in nation.
- “Embracing Disruption: How Technological Change in the Delivery of Legal Services Can Improves Access to Justice”, co-author, Albany Law Review
- “Supervised Release and Illegal Aliens: An Empty Gesture?” International Law Studies Blog