Brittnay's Practice Areas
- Real Estate Litigation
- Residential Real Estate
- Title Insurance Examination
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
Brittnay is an associate with our Litigation, Residential Real Estate, and Trusts & Estates practices. She has interned with the United States Attorney for the Northern District of New York, the Hon. Thomas J. McAvoy, a Federal Judge in the Northern District of New York, and the New York State Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Department. Brittnay formerly served as a Lead Articles Editor of the Albany Law Journal of Science and Technology.
Brittnay was named to the 2016 Upstate New York Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers, which acknowledges attorneys under 40 years old and in practice 10 years or less. While in law school, Brittnay received a Pro Bono Distinction award for her work with the Albany Law School Pro Bono Society. She has continued her civic responsibilities while in practice. In September 2013, Brittnay won an important pro bono victory in Court representing a mother of four with a gravelly ill child who was facing eviction. Her successful effort will allow the family additional time in their apartment.
Brittnay currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Boys and Girls Club of Schenectady where she also serves as Treasurer and Chairperson of the Campership Campaign. She is an active volunteer as well for the Lustgarten Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research.
- Albany Law School
- University at Albany
- New York State
Memberships / Professional Associations
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Saratoga County Bar Association – CLE Committee
- Capital District Women’s Bar Association
- Adirondack Women’s Bar Association – CLE Chair
- Estate Planning Council of Eastern New York
- LeGaL – The LGBT Bar Association of Greater New York
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Schenectady, Treasurer
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Schenectady, Chairperson of the Campership Campaign
- Pro Bono Distinction, Albany Law School
- Home Buying Seminar: Residential Real Estate First Time Home Buyers 2014
- Home Buying Seminar: Residential Real Estate First Time Home Buyers 2013
- BOLD Business Objective Residential Real Estate 2012
- The Science Behind Surrogacy: Why New York Should Rethink Its Surrogacy Contracts Laws, 21 Alb. L.J. Sci. & Tech. 3592011
- O’Connell and Aronowitz Trusts and Estates Newsletter: Ask the Lawyer: Do I Need a Living Will?2013
- O’Connell and Aronowitz Trusts and Estates Newsletter: Ask the Lawyer: Why Do I Need a Health Care Proxy?2013
Dertinger v. Sperl
Practice Area:Landlord or Tenant
McCarthy vs. Saratoga Glen Hollow Water Supply Corp.
Practice Area:Contracts and Agreements