The Tax practice of O’Connell and Aronowitz counsels individuals and businesses that need solutions to their tax matters, in all areas of federal, state and local taxation.
Our Tax attorneys represent clients in dealings with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and New York State tax authorities in administrative proceedings and in various courts. We regularly assist clients in dealing with Liens, Levies, Offers in Compromise, Payroll Tax problems, Audits and Filing Delinquent Tax Returns. They also work in conjunction with our Trusts and Estates Group to develop a comprehensive income tax, wealth transfer and estate plan for business owners and high net worth individuals.
Attorney in our Tax practice also provide advice and counsel to clients covering the entire spectrum of tax planning and compliance, including those relating to:
- Preparation of federal, state, and local income tax returns for individual and business clients;
- Income tax and Estate tax planning for high net worth individuals and business owners;
- U.S. taxation of foreign individuals working in the United States and U.S. nationals working abroad;
- Corporate tax planning, including corporate entity selection and formation, reorganizations, tax-free mergers and acquisitions
- Structuring of real estate transactions;
- Formation, qualification and operation of tax-exempt organizations;
- Charitable organizations and private foundations, prohibited transactions, excess benefit transactions, and business arrangements between exempt organizations and individuals or for-profit entities.