O’Connell and Aronowitz Military law practice provides representation to the men, women and families of those serving or who have served in the United States Armed Forces. Our firm represents service men and women in all military criminal, administrative, and disciplinary matters, as well as Federal litigation connected with veteran’s employment and reemployment rights and benefits.
Our skilled attorneys have extensive experience in all areas of Military law, including trials in military and federal courts. We have authority to represent clients before all military trial and appellate courts, military disciplinary boards and appropriate federal agencies regarding military benefits and employment rights.
An in depth understanding of the military justice system and a service member’s rights and benefits is the cornerstone of our Military practice. Our attorneys have the unique ability and prior experience to navigate and advise on complicated military law issues.
Most civilian attorneys do not understand or appreciate the complexities involved in military legal issues, but our attorneys do. We have the unique ability to defend you against criminal charges at court martial, take up an appeal, advise you on how to take advantage of your military benefits, and everything in between.
We can represent and advise you in the following areas:
- Non-judicial Punishment (Captain’s Mast or Article 15 Proceedings)
- Article 32 Investigations
- Summary, Special and General Courts Martial
- Courts Martial Appeals
- Administrative Discharge Boards (AdSep Board)
- Boards of Inquiry (BOI)
- Medical Boards (Med Boards)
- Competency Review Boards (CRB)
- Discharge/Characterizations of Service Upgrades
- Service Members Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
- Employment and ReEmployment Rights, Benefits, Discrimination issues and litigation (USERRA)
- Veteran’s Benefits Issues
- Issues with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
For more information on our Military Law practice, contact Scott Iseman who is based in our Albany office.