O’Connell & Aronowitz business startups practice has assisted businesses varying in size and complexity on both legal and practical operations issues. Our attorneys begin by evaluating a client’s venture and provides guidance on the best vehicle to structure a new company.
After formation, O’Connell & Aronowitz assists with all legal aspects of developing and growing a business, including drafting and negotiating contracts, employment issues, protecting intellectual property, and pursuing and defending litigation in both state and federal court.
The firm works to identify and solve a variety of operational and procedural legal issues that include:
- Articles of organization and incorporation
- Buying and selling a business
- Customer and client contracts
- Employment policies
- Entity selection – S corporations vs. C corporations vs. limited liability companies
- Financing for small business and startups
- Independent contractor relationships
- Name and brand availability
- New York Secretary of State information and filing forms
- Operating agreements
- Shareholder and partnership agreements
- Single member and multiple member LLCs
- Trademarks and branding
Locations We Serve
Our Business Law attorneys work throughout New York State to provide a wide range of legal services to businesses. With offices in Albany, NY and Saratoga Springs, NY, our location allows our attorneys easy access to all areas of the state.
From Albany, NY to Buffalo, NY to New York City, our lawyers will help you achieve your business goals.
To learn more about our legal services in your area, visit our location page.