The Tax practice of O'Connell and Aronowitz counsels individuals and businesses that need solutions to their tax issues. Our Tax practice handles matters in all areas of federal, state, and local taxation. Our Tax Controversy group represents clients in dealings with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and New York State tax authorities in administrative proceedings and in various courts. We regularly assist clients in dealing with Liens, Levies, Offers in Compromise, Payroll Tax problems, Audits, and filing delinquent tax returns.
In addition to our Tax Controversy group, our tax attorneys work with our Trusts and Estates group to develop a comprehensive income tax, wealth transfer and estate plan for business owners and high net worth individuals.
Our Tax practice also provides advice and counsel to clients covering the entire spectrum of tax planning and compliance, including those relating to:
- Preparation of federal, state, and local income tax returns for individual and business clients.
- Income tax and Estate tax planning for high net worth individuals and business owners.
- U.S. taxation of foreign individuals working in the United States and U.S. nationals working abroad.
- Corporate tax planning, including corporate entity selection and formation, reorganizations, tax-free mergers and acquisitions.
- Structuring of real estate transactions.
- Formation, qualification and operation of tax-exempt organizations.
- Charitable organizations and private foundations, prohibited transactions, excess benefit transactions, and business arrangements between exempt organizations and individuals or for-profit entities
Please contact Fred Wander for more information.