Kurt’s litigation practice is concentrated on representing health care providers and licensed professionals in administrative proceedings, regulatory enforcement matters, Article 78 actions and other civil litigation. Kurt has litigated a broad spectrum of complex business disputes, employment and intellectual property matters in state and federal courts in New York and Massachusetts. His business litigation experience includes employment and contractual disputes, corporate break-ups, and more specialized areas such as intellectual property matters, trade secret protection and the enforcement of restrictive covenants. Of equal importance, Kurt has successfully advised clients about how and when to avoid litigation so they can focus their energy and resources on their businesses.
- Assisted Living Legal Update, New York State Center for Assisted Living, Mid-Winter Conference, January 14, 2014, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Taking the Mystery Out of Managed Care Contracting, New York State Health Facilities Association, Fall Conference, November 14, 2013, Troy, New York.
- Working Together for Success: Partnering with Managed Care Organizations, Association for Community Living, 34th Annual ACLAIMH Conference, November 7, 2013, Bolton Landing, New York.
- Legal Considerations Relating to the Use of Social Networking, American Association of Bioanalysts‘ 2011 Annual Meeting and Educational Conference, May 12, 2011, Austin, Texas.
- United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- New York State
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Leadership Tech Valley, Class of 2012
- New England School of Law
- Mary Washington College